rejetto forum

Feedback for user uploads -- the progress window

Offline boblowski

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First, as a new HFS user, I would like to say thank you for HFS! It really is an excellent piece of software. A PayPal donation is on its way to you :-)

For security and management reasons, I am running HFS behind a reverse proxy. Everything works flawlessly, except for one little thing. For the same reason as noted in your description of using Stunnel with HFS, because HFS only sees the IP address of the reverse proxy as client address, if a user opens the progress window, he will see all current uploads and downloads to the server. This is not only a security concern, but as I found out, also confuses many users.

Would it be possible to change the progress window, such that it will only show the uploads en downloads from that specific logged in user?

Thanks and cheers, Bob

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
There's a little problem:
due to the limitations of the current login system, it may easily happen that people downloads some files with an account, and others anonymously.
This means the change you are asking would affect negatively other people.

But I have a solution for you. ;)
I will introduce in next beta version a new symbol %item-user% available in section [progress-download-file]
By comparing %item-user% with %user% you will be able to show only the items of the current user, as you asked, but you will have to be sure the browser accesses /~progress by using the username.

In short: you'll have to right click on the root, "diff template" and put something like this
Code: [Select]
[progress-download-file]
{.if| {.%user% = %item-user%.} |

<span class=flag>&nbsp;down&nbsp;</span>
<span class=filename>%filename%</span>
<div class=bytes>
%done-bytes% / %total-bytes% bytes
<br />Speed: %speed-kb% KB/s
</div>
<div style="margin-top:5px; margin-bottom:20px;">
  <div class=out_bar><div class=in_bar style="width:%perc%px"></div></div> <span class=perc>%perc%%</span>
</div>

/if.}

I cannot be sure this is going to fit your needs.
Remember this will work only from next beta (184)

Thank you for considering a donation :)

Offline boblowski

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply. Sounds like a good and usable solution. I'm looking forward to beta 184 to give it a try.

Thanks and cheers, Bob

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Cool. An other hardcore dude that like HFS.
I hope you will share your wisdom with us your dudeness, welcome

"The sky is the limit"
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline boblowski

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Perfect. I'm going to give it a try first thing this sunday :-)

Thanks!