rejetto forum

Testing build #216

rejetto · 49 · 29689

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
hmmm ok rejetto.. not sure if this next thing should go here.. or in suggestions... since it's an ongoing oddity.

under URL ENCODING when URLs starting with https instead of http is checked .. it only adds the HTTPS to folders and totaly ignores Links .....

I use lots of Links to make things go faster.... but I have to manually set each and every link to either http or https.. is there a way to add an option to speed this up?

some few of my/external links only need HTTP... but I have several links that definitely require HTTPS

as with the other item for video folders that I suggested... have a series of "creation" prompts ... choose HTTPS or HTTP .. then the box to enter the URL appears but with HTTP or HTTPS already there... .. and a possible right click option to switch between one or the other like you have for real or virtual folders.

also when creating a link.... ask for Yes or No if linking to an existing folder in the VFS ... if Yes.. then it pops up a prompt for the Entire Tree or Current Folder ... choose the one you need.. then select the folder.. if linked to a folder then that folder is defaulted to HIDDEN ... tho I dont advise LINKING to a video folder...

if NO then jump to the HTTP/HTTPS creation prompts

maybe even an extra  option for folders asking if you want to create a link to that folder .. if Yes .. it auto creates the link .. if no .. then it just adds the folder as normal.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 05:40:58 PM by chthonic »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
sorry for the problem guys.
it was very quick to fix, i'm now trying to collect some other news to not publish a build with just this fix in.

I believe that to correct this bug from now on would interest some users who looked forward to this 216, why not to make it from now on and to update the file of download  on www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs216.exe ???

For sources, just a little post with the solution and we shall adapt it :D

procedure TmainFrm.FormKeyDown(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);
begin
//altPressedForMenu:=(key = 18) and (shift = [ssAlt]);
resendShortcut(menu.items, shortcut(key,shift));
if shift = [] then
  case key of
    VK_F5: setEasyMode(not easyMode);
    VK_F10: popupMainMenu();
    end;
end;

procedure TmainFrm.FormKeyUp(Sender: TObject; var Key: Word; Shift: TShiftState);
begin
//if altPressedForMenu and (key = 18) and (shift = []) then
//  popupMainMenu();
//altPressedForMenu:=FALSE

end;

// the alt+click shortcut to get file properties will result in an unwanted editing request if the file is already selected. This is a workaround.
//if filesBox.isEditing  and assigned(filepropFrm)  then
//        selectedFile.node.EndEdit(TRUE);

To use several times ATL key to show the menu does not seem to me sensible
To use ALT+M would have caused fewer concerns. And more conventional

As well as to use the touch alt more a click of mouse, I do not believe that hfs can work on a machintosh where the mouse possesses only a single button ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 10:26:08 PM by mars »

Offline sequestrum

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
May I come with a suggestion? (Perhaps this isn't the right thread for it though, but it seems wrong putting it somewhere else, so...)
I always try to open the Properties window by double-clicking a file or directory. I think that would be a nice way of accessing that dialog. What do you think?
Though you would have to compromise in some way when it comes to a directory with several subdirectories. I don't know what would be best for those, if double-clicking would expand the tree (as it currently is), or if it would open the Properties dialog.

Also, word-wrap in the HFS log window would be sweet. :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I believe that to correct this bug from now on would interest some users who looked forward to this 216, why not to make it from now on and to update the file of download  on www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs216.exe ???

i do this only when the build is 1-2 hours old.
otherwise, we would have 2 versions of build 216, this would confuse people, would confuse myself, and would not warn people of the fix available (because the check is based on the build number).

To use several times ATL key to show the menu does not seem to me sensible
To use ALT+M would have caused fewer concerns. And more conventional

several times? you must hit it only once. try it yourself.
it's a standard Windows behavior to hit ALT and navigate through the menus with arrows.
since we have only 1 menu at the moment, i just unroll it at once.

As well as to use the touch alt more a click of mouse, I do not believe that hfs can work on a machintosh where the mouse possesses only a single button ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

right click is already used for the standard action (context menu).
so i don't understand your point.

Ender

Sorry if this problem is already presented...
I leave HFS always ON and after a few days (2-3) it's size grow without reason...
I have migrate to beta (215 and 216) coming from standard version (2.2e) and this behavior has come...
To give an idea my PC has freezed becouse of the RAM occupation is over 500M!
Thanks

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi ender.
does this problem happened with 215 too, or only 216 ?

ender

Offline Novox

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sorry if this problem is already presented...
I leave HFS always ON and after a few days (2-3) it's size grow without reason...
I have migrate to beta (215 and 216) coming from standard version (2.2e) and this behavior has come...
To give an idea my PC has freezed becouse of the RAM occupation is over 500M!
Thanks

me too rej. found on both 215 and 216 but in 215 RAM is not take much than 216.

picture when I used 215 is attached.

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
hi ender.
does this problem happened with 215 too, or only 216 ?

I dont have any problems with this... as of now. my RAM usage for HFS is 5.480K .. this is very tiny compared to what I normally run.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 01:26:56 PM by chthonic »

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I too seem to have high memory/system resource useage.(216)
Exceptions log was huge. Not completely sure that its all
caused by HFS alone yet, or some strange conflict with another
program. Made some changes, cleared exceptions log and am waiting.

Offline xphoenix0

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi Just - started playing with the whole hfs - and i like it but the 216 doe's not let you rename files

Please advise

Thanks

Offline f2065

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Output error /~files.lst?recursive
The list switches on folders without files (though files in them are), and then without code CR/LF at once complete the address first file of a folder.

For example, such tree:

file1.rar
file2.rar
\folder1\file3.rar
\folder1\file4.rar
file5.rar
\folder2\file6.rar
\folder2\file7.rar

/~files.lst?recursive - produces the such:

htp://localhost/file1.rar
htp://localhost/file2.rar
htp://localhost/folder1/htp://localhost/folder1/file3.rar
htp://localhost/folder1/file4.rar
htp://localhost/file5.rar
htp://localhost/folder2/htp://localhost/folder2/file6.rar
htp://localhost/folder2/file7.rar

Offline Novox

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Anyone found this problem yet?

Sometime I run HFS for a long time (1-2 days). When connecting to HFS via browser, I can't get access to it. If I directly access (localhost:88), It said "Internet explorer can't display this webpage" something like this. If I call via ProxyPass (localhost:80/dl/) it said the problem is about the "upstream". I don't know what is upstream maybe about HFS.

I have try to connecting via remote and localhost with ProxyPass and Direct but it doesn't works. I need to restart HFS then everything is up. HFS RAM is not taken much only 24MB. HFS process is running fine but the problem is can't get access to it. I don't know what the problem came from. Any log file that I can watch?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 01:41:32 PM by Novox »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
is anyone willing to test in which build this RAM problem arose?

the technique would be, assumed we are at build #216
- download and use build #206
- if the problem is still there, download and use build #196
- if the problem is still there, download and use build #186
- and so on, ten by ten ;)
- when the problem disappear, you know the problem came in a later build, and start using later them until you find the exact one.

as an algorithm :D it would be
1. download and test build LAST-10
2. if the problem is still there, go to step 1, otherwise continue
3. download and test build (LAST BUGGY VERSION + LAST GOOD VERSION) / 2
4. go to step 3
:D
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 03:20:16 PM by rejetto »

Offline TgwowgT

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
@rejetto: Ok, i try this test.

@novox: then the amounth of RAM increase, one of the effects that i see is exactly that in your description. No answer, no web page, no upload. After a restart all go OK. I control my vps via LogMeIn and this program also not respond sometimes...