rejetto forum

Wishes to new version

Offline Boomburum

• Occasional poster
  • [ NoNaMe ]
    • View Profile
    • www.NNM.ru
Hello pplz! Sorry for my poor english, i am from Russia :)
First of all i want thank Rejetto and his Co for RQ - i use it nearly 3 years and i like more than any other client :) And thank for HFS - i use it nearly some days, but it is really great thing! Thanks!

The first version that i used was 2.0 - it was russian stable build. It was very nice, but than i installed 2.0a - it was nice too ;) Today i installed 2.1 beta 15 - it is really great! I didn't found any serious bugs, but i want to write small list of features, that i want to see in the next build :)

1. Is it possible to disallow access to all users, before i didn't allow their IP? I know about authorization and ip-masks, but some my friends didn't know their ip-s :) so i want see, when somebody knocks to my hfs-server - i see IP and i allow it to use server. But if i not allow - kowbody can list files...? It will be very nice... as additional feature - that everybody who want to get access - write any message on the hfs-index page - i see this message in log and allow to get into :) Realize it as login-screen for example :)thanx

2. I shared some my disks with music and so on, but some folders i dont want see in the tree of shared files and i dont want to change h-attribute to shis folder. Is it possible make folders tree in the left side of HFS-window? Not only folders! I want that i can expand shared folders and exclude some folders in the tree :p

3. One bug. I see log in right side on HFS-window and when i marker some's IP (to add it to ip2name) - if there add's new log-string - the mark-line disappears :( It is not very comfortable, sometimes it is impossible to add somebodie's ip to "ip2name". As feature - add possibility adding to "ip2name" by right-click, not by hands :)

4. Else about logs. How can i do, that strings such as "Requested GET /Music/" and so on, logged, but "Requested GET /~img27" not? It is system folders with tpl-icons and i dont waht see it in log :) Please advise me :)

5. In HFS-window - when double-clicking on traffic-graphic :) it is usefull to open window with options of it :)

6. Upload-limits. My input-traffic is very expansive - how can i limit size of uploaded files? For example i want make, that nobody can upload files bigger than 1Mb - how to do it?

7. And the last wich - i want see later versions with russian language :) I wait for new stable build - when it appear, i will wrote big article about RnQ (not &RQ :( ) anf HFS on the popular Russian site - and i am sure, if the program will be with russian interface - every body likes it ;) Else may reorganize hfs-rightclick menu, because on 800x600 the menu is very big, with scroll :(

That's all :) I hope that you read my critic and answer it :) My icq is 236282. With the best wishes, Boomburum. Good luck!
[ Boomburum :: NoNaMe ]

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. that would be a solution customized on your needs. i think a wider solution may be to have an IP mask on the folder (or maybe also on files). So that only such IP mask can access. What you think?

2. no you can't. just use a mixture of virtual and real folders. reproduce the tree with virtual. from points where you don't need details, use real folders.

3. i don't understand what you mean with "mark line", and how to reproduce the bug. anyway, about that feature, maybe it would be better if the IP was automatically copied in the address2name window as it opens. what you think?

4. i guess you enabled log menu -> log what -> icons

5. what options?

6. there is no such feature for now. no idea, maybe javascript.

7. that's a job for a russian ;)

Offline Boomburum

• Occasional poster
  • [ NoNaMe ]
    • View Profile
    • www.NNM.ru
1. that would be a solution customized on your needs. i think a wider solution may be to have an IP mask on the folder (or maybe also on files). So that only such IP mask can access. What you think?

2. no you can't. just use a mixture of virtual and real folders. reproduce the tree with virtual. from points where you don't need details, use real folders.

3. i don't understand what you mean with "mark line", and how to reproduce the bug. anyway, about that feature, maybe it would be better if the IP was automatically copied in the address2name window as it opens. what you think?

4. i guess you enabled log menu -> log what -> icons

5. what options?

6. there is no such feature for now. no idea, maybe javascript.

7. that's a job for a russian ;)
1. No, i dont want use(ban) ip-masks... I what forexample popup window with "allow access xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to yor store? Yes/No". If yes - the user get access, if no - no

2. Pity :( I desided change "h" attribute for "secret" folders :p

3. Mark line: http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8345/linenb6.gif
When somebody enter my store, i see his ip and want add it to ip2name. I selekt (mark) some text (his ip), but if new string in log appears, the selection disappears :(

4. THANKS!!! :)

5. Graphic options. For example graphiсs refresh speed, colors etc.

6. Pity :(( I will wait for it feature, because i dont want anybody upload big files, when i not near computer :)

7. I will speak with Ference and may be help myself :)

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
5. Graphic options. For example graphiсs refresh speed,

Expert mode, Menu, Other options, Graph refresh rate (10th of second), enter new value: done!
______
~GeeS~
~GeeS~

Offline Boomburum

• Occasional poster
  • [ NoNaMe ]
    • View Profile
    • www.NNM.ru

Expert mode, Menu, Other options, Graph refresh rate (10th of second), enter new value: done!
______
~GeeS~

But it is possible make additional funcional to the graphic ;)

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
...Afaik not in HFS, but in the template you can use eg. ~img_graph250x60 to resize the image to 250 by 60pixels for the mentioned example.
Indeed, i would like to have some more color options for the template, too. But no high priority for me.
______
~GeeS~
~GeeS~

Offline Boomburum

• Occasional poster
  • [ NoNaMe ]
    • View Profile
    • www.NNM.ru
But no high priority for me.

For me too. Graphic i already use:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6030/hjbg3.gif

Else one question - is it possible to add counter of hosts/hits for FOLDERS (not only for files)?

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Boomburum

• Occasional poster
  • [ NoNaMe ]
    • View Profile
    • www.NNM.ru
AFAIK: No.

So in the index page there is a column "HITS" and there are only counters of files, near folders " - "

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7517/hhhps4.gif

I am interested in topics, which are more interest for users...and i dont want look through big logs every time ;)

Thanks!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. maybe you didn't understand that the one i told is not an existing feature, or maybe you didn't read that would be a solution customized on your needs

3. now i understand. but that problem would not be a problem anymore with my proposal.

5. when more than one option will be available about the graph, i may introduce a right-click menu, as for other GUI items

6. have a look at "minimum disk space"

is it possible to add counter of hosts/hits for FOLDERS (not only for files)?
it works for virtual folders, not for real folders.
anyway it can probably be done also for real folders, i will study the thing.