rejetto forum

HFS with kodi to stream Movies

Offline DerProGamer2000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello,
I can't get Kodi to connect with my HTTP file server it just says that it can't connect to it but i tried to connect to my file server via the file manager in Windows which also didn't want to connect did i set something up wrong or what?
Thanks in advance.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
R u using Kodi built in web browser or another app to web browser?.

Not a fan of Kodi. But have used it on a Ubuntu build and pie device.

First what distro are you using?

I'll set up a vitural box and check o. Some Linux stuff
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline DerProGamer2000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i can use vlc so i know that it works but i use the file manager in kodi to add the server as a filesystem or so i think haha and it just shows me nothing not that it can't connect but it shows me no files

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
@DerProGamer2000: If you can post a screenshot (of your HFS server and the browser), it would be much easier to understand and see your your problem. :)
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i can use vlc so i know that it works but i use the file manager in kodi to add the server as a filesystem or so i think haha and it just shows me nothing not that it can't connect but it shows me no files

HFS uses only the http protocol, it is not possible to visualize the tree of the VFS, it would have to be that HFS is designed to function like a server using the protocol SMB or also the protocol FTP. Kodi can work with HFS as long as it is used as a video player and with the right plug-in, but if it is to transfer files to HFS this will cause incompatibility problems. You should use third-party software as an FTP server or use a VPN connection to directly access the local resource from the Internet

Offline DerProGamer2000

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hmm ok thanks for the info i will look at a FTP Server solution for the time being