rejetto forum

%protected% - Request

Offline Pit

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • EDV & Netzwerkservice in Berlin
Hello,

how can i use the %protected% feature? I use the version 0.92 with the default template.
What have i to modify?

Thx
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:41:28 PM by Pit »
You reach our Webserver every day between 9 AM to 10 PM under: http://phampel.dyndns.org or http://free4you.dyndns.org

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Nothing, the default template already has it included ;D

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
Nothing, the default template already has it included ;D

He GE this feature isn't still in Terayon  ??? or yes  ???

f.
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I wouldn't include it in Terayon until this feature is available in the official HFS version.
Still #088 on the download page.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
I agree to rejetto.

If the a stable release will be released, i will also release a new version with the new feature installed.

Just be patient  ;D

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
I only asked because I've supposed something wrong in my italian environment.
ciao
f.
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It works well, but what i don't understand is why when you have logged in, items that your account can download still has the protected tag visible, shouldn't it then disappear?

I am currently testing this feature in my template, if it doesn't come out on the stable release for a while, i will just comment it out when i release it, BIG changes to the ToG template since the last release!

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
It works well, but what i don't understand is why when you have logged in, items that your account can download still has the protected tag visible, shouldn't it then disappear?

See here where I confirmed this same problem -> http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=88a39d34a8b5c5c937d3db2b968b8e39&topic=4384.msg1022965#msg1022965
maverick

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com

I am currently testing this feature in my template, if it doesn't come out on the stable release for a while, i will just comment it out when i release it, BIG changes to the ToG template since the last release!

I already suggested that:

Another thing,

Wouldn't it be possible that, when you are logged in, some of the 'locks' go away. Cause hfs can show (in the account menu) which folders are accessable by a certain user; couldnt this information be used to show and hide certain locks when a user logs in?

Or do i get it wrong again?
wrong because http authentication is stateless... long story

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, ATM hfs doesn't even check if the file is accessible by the current user.
i didn't because it wouldn't always work.

if you have folder A and subfolder B, where B is protected and A is public.
when you access B, you get the login dialog, then you access B as the user.
if you then click UP, most browsers re-access A as anonymous, because it remembers it needed NO user to access it.
It is a good behaviour for privacy reasons, but HFS would then show you the B with a lock icon.
So, since this doesn't always work, i'm unsure it is a good thing to make it only some times.
But i'm changing my mind, and thinking it may be good for the sub-items, so maybe in the next build will try.