rejetto forum

Very annoying limitation!!!

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello! I have a folder in HFS with tons of files. Sometimes I update a file,  (in my computer, without changing the file name) and when I do so, this breaks the HFS file system, meaning the file will no longer get downloaded!!! I have to drag and drop the file into HFS again, then switch off and switch on HFS!!!

But even when doing so I get an error because of duplicate file, and file cannot still be downloaded.

Can you please fix this?
can you at least make it so that when I drag and drop file into HFS, if it still exists I wont need to restart HFS to make the file downloadable again?

Thanx in advance!!!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi Ivan, the behavior you are describing is nothing I ever heard of, nor it is supposed to happen.
Let me ask you anyway: are you using real folders? You say you have many files, and real folders is the best solution in such case, but your description makes me think you are using virtual folders.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
I have experienced this issue when windows 7 first came out.

Due to the large amount of files being accessed by the program.

I would first like to verify what is your in?
Windows 10? 8? 7?

I would have you try running the program as administrator (which was the fix when I experienced this error)

If that doesn't work I will let need you to double check with your file permission (specifically the owner of the files)
I have found that has is more file friendly towards the current user running it, while also giving the "everyone" account read access. The current user (the user loged in launching hfs) should be the owner of the files and have full control of them.

I have only found this potential bug with file being shared in a vitural folder if more than 200 files. If it is not a real folder, please make it as such.

To rejeto, I'm not convinced that this is an limitation of the program via how it's coded, but how it is launch and how it access the files on the pc.

Back before the hacker going around, in witch you patched and fix, this same issue I experienced never happened. It was when I updated that it broke how hfs read files.

To Ivan please let me know if the file permission and admin access fixed your issue
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Rayniereign

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • bubbleclips
Hey bmartino1,

I'm having the same issue that OP has and I'm running on Windows 7. I ran it in admin and have the same error as well. Perms are set properly, I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

I'll try a few other things and update.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
As an added mesure, try running the program "hfs" in capability mode.

Select hfs excutable
Right mouse click
Properties

Comparability tab
Change settings for all users
Check the box run as administrator
Select Windows XP (sp2/3)

My current job has me travel the USA my time on the form is limited and my ability to test hfs is low. I would have to bring up a test bed to look into this further.

Curious thought. Are you using a vitural folder?
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing