rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 243797

Offline ForEVEr

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
oops  :-[

exactly like what hapened to me

when i try to browse a folder, this message appears

" The server is overloaded.
The server is taking too much time to respond, maybe there're too many active connections to the server making your access difficult. Click on See Status to obtain more information about the active connections or click on go Back to go to the previous page.
If the error persist contact to the administrator of this server.

Error Code: 503
"
please try and see if you also have the same problem or not
I will also try to solve it as soon as possibe.

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ForEVEr,

It sounds to me like you have a setting in HFS set incorrectly.  Try searching through this thread, because I think the problem you are having was mentioned earlier and I believe there was a fix (If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the max connections setting in HFS, but I'm not sure).  I don't have time to look for it now, but I will later.  I have no problem browsing any folders when I use this template.  I have many of them (probably somewhere around 100-200 of them), but have never had the problem your are mentioning, at least not in a long, long time.

JEFF

Offline ForEVEr

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
it had something to do with the max connections setting

Exactly it is ;).
I am using this because when everyone can have lots of connection, it will slow my site

thank you very much bro

ForEVEr

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
use "max downloads" instead of "max connections"

Offline ForEVEr

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

D.C.O.

great template!!!

and I have a question:
one day I've downloaded a HFS 2.2 zip-folder in which I found HFS itself and a version of a LIVE template but without a *.tpl file, so I don't know the version of that template (i'm sure that its Live, cause there is about.html which describes template as Live)
The reason why I want to know it is - in the "template" folder there were FLashMP3Player.swf and FLVplayer.swf (last thing surprised me very much)

is it any "official version"? is it possible to find out a tpl-file for it
or at least - is there any possibility to add flashmp3player and flvplayer to LIVE 2

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think live has an mp3 player but not certain. If live doesn't have an mp3 player it is possible to add it but it would take some work to get it working.

Im just curious at how you can download hfs and the live template with out getting a *.tpl.

You couldnt say where you downloaded the zip file could you? I'd like to have a look for myself :)

D.C.O.

well actually that zip was a part of WinXP Installation CD called ZverCD (http://www.zvercd.com/news.php?extend.9) my version is 7.10.3 (it updates every month)
I don't think that there is any reason for you to download 700 MB of ISO, so I attach the template folder from that HFS which is included in ZverCD (there are only 2 things in C:\program files\HFS just after Win instalation is compleated - HFS.exe [ver.2.2a build 124] and template folder)
lately I've replaced HFS to ver 2.1d 088 - cause there is russian language for it.  

PS: due to size restrictment of this forum, I uploaded the file on another file-exchange service, sorry
here is the link - http://www.sendspace.com/file/g833sy

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
D.C.O.,

The zip file you attached appears to be a partial archive of the original Live 0.2.5 and not Live 2.  You can do a search for it and find out more if you would like.

On a separate note, I have been trying to implement TSG and Giant Eagle's RAWR-Player into Live 2. I have been able to successfully implement it, but there are still several issues with it.  One is that the audio starts in Firefox, but the player never actually shows the controls, or any video.  Another in Opera and IE is that the audio, video, and the player all show up and work, but for some reason, the background images at the top and the grey address bar in Live 2 are on top of the player if it pops up that high on the screen.

If there is anyone out there that would like to help and has better javascript programming skills than my "Cut and Paste", "Reverse Engineering", and "Trial and Error" methods, please send me a PM.

JEFF

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Those problems with the player... there is no video :P the audio would start if you have autoplay on... no idea with the controls, even if the backgrounds don't load there should always be play/pause icons etc.

Try changing the z-index: ; of the preview box, might fix the image problem you're having.

I seriously reckon its all the js errors causing the problems. Get firebug for Firefox and you will see what i mean.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
The mp3 player that is inside the template folder is the same player Terayon v1.2.1 uses. Same goes for the java folder and the flv player.

Weird. :P

jebise

i love this live 2 its really nice, but what i would like to know is that when someone goes to my server they are asked to pick  server and the 2 options are hungry and global what is that?? is my information being sent some were

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It is just asking them which server they want to use to get the images and scripts used by live 2

JohnnyGrey

I was wondering if you will ever release a version of HFS Live where all the content is hosted locally.

I know this has been asked before, but lets say rather than having hfsliveicon.ico hosted in this location:

http://www.geocities.com/hfslive/ico/hfsliveicon.ico

Have it hosted locally. Is the Template capable of retrieving these files by folder, such as /hfslive/ico/hfsliveicon.ico and it will grab it from this location in the File system?

If so, then I could add the hfslive folder to the tree as a hidden, non-browsable folder, and that folder located in the zip file would already have all the necessary sub folders and files required by the template.

Sorry if I'm not explaining it very well.

If this is not planned, I could always get each file manually and change the path manually.

JohnnyGrey

Ok, I'm using the Black version, and I've got everything in the template changed to retrieve files locally. A few snags though:

1) The "send URL via email" little pop up is visible at upper left hand corner underneath the main logo. Clicking the menu and then selecting the email option doesn't move the window, and it is still under the main title.

2) The icon types aren't showing up for my hosted files.

3) The "Live Shortcuts" menu works, but is a little messed up.

Now I did notice that the live_web.css file on geocities (the location this template originally grabbed from) is different than the one I have locally, so I used what was on geocities, but that didnt work.

My goal is to have the template grad EVERYTHING locally, no third party sites whatsoever.