rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 243881

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
would you care to upload what you have so far? Im on school holidays and frequently getting bored so I'd love to have a look and see if i can solve any of the problems.

JohnnyGrey

So far I have changed all photobucket and gecities links and replaced with them with my own server's web address.

What I'm saying is how I changed it wouldn't work for someone else, so today I am gonna work on changing it to automatically browse the host, so that way I can upload it and have it work for someone else.

Keep in mind in order for the local content to work, you must add the hfslive folder to your File System. I have my folder hidden and non-browsable.

Also keep in mind that some of the files the template grabbed from the internet were not in the local hfslive folder, so I downloaded them one by one, such as the hfslive/img/black/files/ folder. This folder had all the icons pertaining to the file types.

JohnnyGrey

I don't know HTML or Java, but I am experienced in copy and pasting, so I am unable to figure out a way to automatically browse my own server instead of manually replacing ALL the links in the template.

In the template, for the files, it says "use an HFS path or HTTP URL," but when i just leave it like this:

bg_image_url = "/hfslive/img/black/bg.gif";         // use an HFS path or HTTP URL

It doesn't work. You guys have any suggestions? Am I typing that path wrong? (the img folder is correct)

JohnnyGrey

I still have no clue how to retrieve files from an HFS folder rather than a full URL.

I did fix my problem I had before.

The constant "email URL" window underneath the banner was a either a URL or a setting in the main template or some where in one of the .js files. I forgot what I did.

The messed up Live 2 Menu was solved through the live_web.css style sheet file in the /css/ folder. I just changed the width of some things and the hex color values.

Icon types were solved by downloading all the files in this photobucket album:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/hfslive/img/black/files/

and then placing them in the corresponding folder that was missing to begin with.

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
D.C.O.,

The zip file you attached appears to be a partial archive of the original Live 0.2.5 and not Live 2.  You can do a search for it and find out more if you would like.

On a separate note, I have been trying to implement TSG and Giant Eagle's RAWR-Player into Live 2. I have been able to successfully implement it, but there are still several issues with it.  One is that the audio starts in Firefox, but the player never actually shows the controls, or any video.  Another in Opera and IE is that the audio, video, and the player all show up and work, but for some reason, the background images at the top and the grey address bar in Live 2 are on top of the player if it pops up that high on the screen.

If there is anyone out there that would like to help and has better javascript programming skills than my "Cut and Paste", "Reverse Engineering", and "Trial and Error" methods, please send me a PM.

JEFF
Those problems with the player... there is no video :P the audio would start if you have autoplay on... no idea with the controls, even if the backgrounds don't load there should always be play/pause icons etc.

Try changing the z-index: ; of the preview box, might fix the image problem you're having.

I seriously reckon its all the js errors causing the problems. Get firebug for Firefox and you will see what i mean.
Ok, I should have said I was having problems trying to implement the RAWR-PreviewBox, specifically the RAWR-Player and Divx/AVI Player portions.  I installed Firebug about a week ago, and I think I have fixed the javascript errors....assuming I understood what Firebug was telling me.  I've attached a picture of what Firebug is now telling me, which is that it doesn't recognize filter:alpha(opacity=#) (where # obviously is some number.)  From what I have found out and I'm sure you already know, filter:alpha is a property specific to IE, so Firefox and Opera ignore it, more or less.  Firebug does not appear to be reporting any other javascript errors, unless I'm missing something completely.  Like I said, I may be wrong as I'm not entirely sure I understand how to use Firebug correctly anyway.  I think I have it set to show all Errors, but there may be more to do than just selecting the options from the dropdown Options menus.  If I missed something in Firebug to get it to report all Javascript errors, please point me in the right direction if you could.

I took your suggestion for changing the z-index of the PreviewBox, and used it to solve the problem of the greybar covering the player popups, in a roundabout way.  Changing the z-index of the PreviewBox had no affect on it.  However, I changed the z-index of the greybar so that it was equal to the table? containing the files and folders view (I think its called a table, but if not, please correct me ;).)  This solved the problem of the greybar covering the PreviewBox in Firefox and Opera.  However, in IE6, as you can see in the attached pictures, the greybar and background images cover the PreviewBox if it is outside of the files and folders table.  I will chalk this up to a problem with IE6.  One more thing I noticed was that since changing the z-index of the PreviewBox had no affect at all on fixing this issue, it appears that the PreviewBox is inheriting the z-index of the rest of the table it is contained within.  This seems strange, but the z-index of the PreviewBox is 75, and the only way I could get the greybar to not cover it was to change the z-index of the greybar from 5 to 4, which happens to be the same setting for the Azul/files and folders table.

I'm still having the same problem of the players not showing properly in Firefox.  Opera and IE6 are working fine, but I get no controls with the RAWR-Player in Firefox when playing an MP3, only the audio playing and the Loading gif in the PreviewBox.  And I get no video or divx player controls with the Divx/AVI Player in Firefox when playing an AVI, only the audio playing and the Loading gif in the PreviewBox.  Attached are more pictures illustrating this.

Foggy, are you interested in helping me figure this out, if you're still bored?

JEFF
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:25:02 AM by forthehandyman »

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
More pictures to go with the above post...

JEFF

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Foggy, are you interested in helping me figure this out, if you're still bored?

Sure, I've got 8 weeks of no school and not much todo :P

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Foggy.

You can get everything you need HERE.  It's all in a zip archive.

You will need to put the hfslive folder and the template folder, which is in the TOG folder, into the root of hfs, load the template, and you're off and running.  Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

JEFF
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:52:08 PM by forthehandyman »

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
not sure if this has anything to do with the loading image staying but I noticed if I change the timeout on spawnMP3box function the mp3 name appeared and it started playing as soon as it timed out. I'll ask tsg about it later, to see if he can enlighten me on how it specifically works.
Code: [Select]
/* Spawn MP3 box. */
function spawnMP3Box(target,file) {
spawnBox(target,320,50);
setTimeout("setMP3Box(\""+target+"\",\""+file+"\");",10);
}

Edit: On second thought, I dont think it has anything todo with it. Im just confused why it isnt showing because the player is embeded and playing.

Edit2: As far as I can see in the DOM inspector everything is fine, I cant see any differences between live and the tog when playing a mp3. I've copied the xml of the div of the box's from both templates if anyone cares to look if it is in fact right.
Quote from: Live DOM Output
<SPAN id="Box-4" style="cursor: default;">
  <DIV id="Box-4Box"
       style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 68, 128); background: rgb(234, 237, 244) none repeat scroll 0%; width: 330px; opacity: 0.99; z-index: 75; position: absolute; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; left: 615px; top: -3.5px;" class="Box">
    <DIV class="infhdr" style="padding: 0pt 2px 0pt 8px; width: 318px; cursor: move; letter-spacing: 0pt;">
      <SPAN id="Box-4Name" style="float: left;">
great-escape.mp3      </SPAN>
      <SPAN class="hide">
        <A onclick="boxFade(&quot;Box-4&quot;,&quot;out&quot;)"
           href="javascript:void(0)" class="th">
X        </A>
      </SPAN>
    </DIV>
    <DIV id="Box-4Content" class="infbx" style="padding: 4px; background: transparent url(/template/images/loading.gif) no-repeat scroll center; width: 320px; height: 50px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">
      <EMBED width="320" height="50"
             flashvars="colorset=tog&amp;volume=50&amp;playmethod=single&amp;mode=full&amp;autostart=true&amp;file=great-escape.mp3"
             type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="/template/players/RAWR-Player.swf"
             bgcolor="#EAEDF4" allowscriptaccess="always"/>
    </DIV>
  </DIV>
</SPAN>
Quote from: TOG DOM Output
<SPAN id="Box-96">
  <DIV id="Box-96Box"
       style="border: 1px solid rgb(0, 68, 128); background: rgb(234, 237, 244) none repeat scroll 0%; width: 330px; opacity: 0.99; z-index: 75; position: absolute; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; left: 847px; top: 1587.5px;" class="Box">
    <DIV class="infhdr" style="padding: 0pt 2px 0pt 8px; width: 318px; cursor: move; letter-spacing: 0pt;">
      <SPAN id="Box-96Name" style="float: left;">
great-escape.mp3      </SPAN>
      <SPAN class="hide">
        <A onclick="boxFade(&quot;Box-96&quot;,&quot;out&quot;)"
           href="javascript:void(0)" class="th">
X        </A>
      </SPAN>
    </DIV>
    <DIV id="Box-96Content" class="infbx" style="padding: 4px; background: transparent url(/template/images/loading.gif) no-repeat scroll center; width: 320px; height: 50px; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;">
      <EMBED width="320" height="50"
             flashvars="colorset=tog&amp;volume=50&amp;playmethod=single&amp;mode=full&amp;autostart=true&amp;file=http%3A//localhost/My%20Received%20Files/great-escape.mp3"
             type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="/template/players/RAWR-Player.swf"
             bgcolor="#EAEDF4" allowscriptaccess="always"/>
    </DIV>
  </DIV>
</SPAN>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 06:30:39 AM by Foggy »

Offline JohnnyGrey

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I agree as well. I tried out the two templates, and all I did is switch templates, I left the same .js files and .css files, and the mp3 box works on one template, but not the other, which is odd.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 06:35:10 PM by JohnnyGrey »

falk

hi, in version 2.205 the livestream dosn't work. in version 2.204 live stream does work. i use hfs 2.2b, mozilla firefox and inet explorer 7.

best regards, falk

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I agree as well. I tried out the two templates, and all I did is switch templates, I left the same .js files and .css files, and the mp3 box works on one template, but not the other, which is odd.

I hate to admit it, but I'm starting to think that the issue is related to a problem with Firefox 2 and not with the coding in either template.  I installed the latest version of the Firefox 3 pre-beta, and everything works just fine.  I have also noticed other websites (more and more it seems with every Firefox 2 update) that don't load properly with Firefox 2, but they do with Firefox 3, Opera, and even IE6.  I'm just guessing it has something to do with Firefox 2's handling of the javascript libraries, but I'm just shooting in the dark on this one.

JEFF

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I do know of firefox 2's slight problem with javascript, A gaming forum I use has problems with firefox 2 crashing due to the javascript. Ill test and see what happens with IE6 later.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol i doubt it's the firefox javascript bug. The only reason firefox will crash is due to a infinite loop, which is probably the case here there is a few loops in our code.

Also you have screwed up the with the module heading, (referring to the IE screenshot).

Offline forthehandyman

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Also you have screwed up the with the module heading, (referring to the IE screenshot).

If you are referring to the filename at the top of the window of the MP3 playing in IE, for some reason, that appears to follow the setting in IE under View --> Text Size -->.  I have it set to Medium.  If I set it to Smaller, the text size appears as it should.  This only happens with the Live 2 template.  The text size doesn't change in your template when you change this setting.  I didn't change any of your files or coding, only the Live 2 coding, so I don't know why this is happening.  It doesn't happen with your template.  It started happening this way as soon as I implemented the RAWR-PreviewBox in the Live 2 template with the first cut and paste. 

I believe the CSS files from the Live 2 template and the TOG template have some properties that are overlapping and are contributing to the cause of many of these types of problems.  For example, in the breadcrumb, with the Live 2 template only, the word Address should be the only thing in Bold, however, when I implemented the RAWR-PreviewBox in Live 2, the whole breadcrumb is now Bold

Anyway, no matter how you look at it, there are still problems in the Live 2 code, but I still think that Firefox 2 has issues of its own that are contributing to the problem.

JEFF
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:54:20 AM by forthehandyman »