rejetto forum

favicon

Offline crazyjust

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I know this has been asked before, and i did search it. I want to change my favicon and <link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico"> between <head></head> isnt working for me. I use RAWR-Template-0.1.1.tpl and HFS (2.3 beta, build 198). Please tell me how I could possibly change this. I added it to the root "/favicon.ico". thanks

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
add your own favicon.ico file to the root/home of the virtual file system.
no need to change the template.

Offline crazyjust

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
im not sure i understand. I right click on the house / and added file (favicon.ico) but i dont see it in any browser. im not really sure what you mean. my exe is on the desktop, i have an index page and another .htm page also. My main folder for files is /files and i have an upload folder /uploads. if this helps any.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 02:50:05 PM by crazyjust »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes, that's how it is supposed to be.

however, i noticed RAWR template doesn't have the link to the favicon, so you'll have to edit the template also

Offline crazyjust

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yes, that's how it is supposed to be.

however, i noticed RAWR template doesn't have the link to the favicon, so you'll have to edit the template also

Thank You for tour reply rejetto. I tried that with editing the template also, but i cant get it to work. I'm just gonna give up on the favicon for right now. Program works good. keep up the good work. :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
You had it correct:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico"/>

Somewhere between the <head></head> markup tags of the template. Above the </head> preferably so you don't accidentally delete something important :P

You may have to clear your browser cache to view the new icon, sometimes it will store the original one for the domain and it wont change.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:06:19 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline BoneMan

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • BoneYard
OK I have a question on this. If you have a domain name you are re-directing to a NO-IP domain the favicon will not show. If you use the NO-IP direct domain it will show. Any ideas how to fix?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
No, I believe NO-IP uses a frame? from memory anyway... so you cannot change the favicon.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no-ip uses a frame as one of the offered methods (not the default one, to my memory)

Offline KooolaNL

• Occasional poster
  • EY
    • View Profile
    • wat
hey rejetto thanks :) it works for me now