rejetto forum

Max simultaneous downloads of a single file.

Guest · 4 · 4891

Anthony

Max simultaneous downloads is limited to 1, even when the "Max Simultaneous Downloads" limit is disabled or is set to an arbitrary value e.g: 5.  This doesn't pertain specifically to this build, and I noticed it for the first time on #250. Still not saying it's a recent problem, I just have not noticed it until now. Tested on two computers. Not sure if the problem is on my end. This is what I get "Download limit On this server there is a limit on the number of simultaneous downloads. This limit has been reached. Retry later." Any word of this problem before?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
are you testing the limit on the same file?
because on the same file another limit applies: prevent leeching.
to test the "max sim..." you should download 2 different files.

Offline merlinuwe

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I would like to download a huge file (160 MB) in an Intranet from 20 computers at the same time. Which limits do I have to adjust? (It doesn't matter if the download gets slower for all clients.)

I want to prevent the message "Download limit
 There is a limit on the number of simultaneous downloads in this server. This limit has been reached. Retry later."

Thanks.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The only limit set by default is the "prevent leeching", that works when both same address and same file is repeated.
So, you enabled other limits yourself, or your network configuration is so that all your clients are reaching HFS through the same address.
Anyway, you'll find all the limits under the "limits" menu. You may just go for disabling every thing under that menu.