rejetto forum

HFS stops responding

Guest · 36 · 32508

daNielyee

Why does my HFS server automatically shut down after a few download?
i set the download timeouts to blank..but it still closed automatically...

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
please be clearer on what you mean by "shut down" ?
if the program terminates completely, then the "download timeout" has nothing to do with it.
Anyway here we discuss this specific version, so if your problem is not related to this version you are invited in opening a new topic.

daNielyee

yes,it is hfs 276 that i used for my server.
The "shutdown" means when some of my friend downloaded some file,my hfs will automatically close..and this mean that my friend cant open my server page anymore..
then i need to switch off,and switch on again,so that the server is running back..
Do u get what i mean?

Mark Christensen

yes,it is hfs 276 that i used for my server.
The "shutdown" means when some of my friend downloaded some file,my hfs will automatically close..and this mean that my friend cant open my server page anymore..
then i need to switch off,and switch on again,so that the server is running back..
Do u get what i mean?

Where do you finde the Download time settings?
I have kind of the same prob. some times after some one downloads a big file, there download youst stops, at the client it looks like its still downloading, but in HFS I can't se the download enymore.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@daNielyee
So, HFS stops responding to requests, so you do off/on and it's good again (without need to quit and restart the whole program). Right?
I need you to check older versions (270, 260, etc) and see if when problem stops. Can you do it? You find all the versions on this forum board (beta).

@mark
to know if your problem is the same, you should not only have downloads stopped, but also pages (with files lists).

danielyee

@rejetto
Alright,but I started to spot the problem. Seen like the problem solve when i remove my "Games" folder which is around 27.8GB.  My friends usually download the .rar file for the games and then my hfs stop responding after a complete download.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what's the biggest file in there?
let me know when you do the test i told you

CrazyLover

I have similar problems with the 277 beta. Trying to tear down large files eg 20 or 700MB only browser (Mozilla Internet Explorer 4 and 8) files, I can not download completely. When I use program for downloading Internet Download Manager 6.05 Build 12 has no problems downloading files completely. Maybe I should change something. I hope I was helpful for improving the program.

Ho problemi simili con la versione beta 277. Cercando di abbattere file di grandi dimensioni ad esempio 20 o 700MB solo browser (Mozilla Internet Explorer 4 e 8) i file, non riesco a scaricare completamente. Quando usare il programma per scaricare Internet Download Manager 6,05 Build 12 non ha problemi a scaricare i file completamente. Forse dovrei cambiare qualcosa. Spero di essere stato utile per migliorare il programma.

Rejetto Help All  ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
mozilla internet explorer 4 ? did you mean firefox 4 ?

CrazyLover

I mean IE8,Mozilla 4.01 and SRWare Iron 10.0.650.1 But now i Test your new 279 and tell you if heave problems again. ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what if you start HFS and the first download is 20GB ?
does it stop working? always? or does it take some more?

Offline islam.nazeer

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
what if you start HFS and the first download is 20GB ?
does it stop working? always? or does it take some more?

yes it stop working

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ugh, shit, i tested with a 21G file but HFS (build 279) still responds to browsing and downloads.

15:11:18 127.0.0.1:64884 Fully downloaded - 21.42 G @ 29913 KB/s - /test

honestly i don't what else to do :(

Offline finite

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It happens intermittently for me, too.
Just stops responding to users.
I have to F4 F4 to get it working again.
Happens multiple times a day, over a local LAN.
This is under Win7.

Sometimes users complain they can't get on while someone else is still mid-download.