rejetto forum

Port Problem

Offline mathwizkid

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Im connected to lan in my college thru basically 3 switches one after the other to main server..internally hfs is working within the lan..however not outside this network over the net...it said it cld not find an external ip address and self test failed saying i was not connected to net..which is not the case....is this a problem with my proxy seeting or port forwarding..if its the latter which routers make shld i configure the settings on..?(three switches are off diff makes)....PS- im able to receive transfers frm computers outside network..not able to send..pl help me..ty

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"find external ip address" and "self test" features don't support proxy.
i will add the proxy support to the to-do list.
in the while, you can just find the external address yourself, and type it in: custom address.

Offline mathwizkid

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
k...do i get  this external ip address by visitng the port forwarding site..??? and well i transferd some stuff from my friend and he gav me ip that was show to him on hfs during the transfer....i tried using this ip as my address didnt work...ty for ur prompt reply..

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
k...do i get  this external ip address by visitng the port forwarding site..???
yes, and many other sites

and well i transferd some stuff from my friend and he gav me ip that was show to him on hfs during the transfer....i tried using this ip as my address didnt work...
so normal, that is HIS address