rejetto forum

Vood 342 router config??

Offline brorkalle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I have read allmost all topic about forwarding IP and visit forwarding.com and read the instruction.
But I still can't get it right.

I wonder if anyone have successfully config the Tilgin router Vood 342, and can help me with the settings?

The External IP address on my router, is that the URL friends write in their browser?
The internal IP1 address on my router is that the 192.168.1.1 which also is the address for the set up page of the router?
The internal IP2 address which should be my PC's IP address - What IP address is that?

Sorry I'm a little confused.

Please help.

I can go to the Webserver and see the folders I'm about to let my friends access. But the self test turn up with the message that I'm behind a router and need to set up forwarding for port 81.

Any suggestions?

And what addresses shall I setup where?

See the Custom Port Forwarding in the router set-up on the attached picture

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. Your external address is the address of your Internet conection, your firends must use this address to connect to your server. Find out what is your external ip in; http://whatsmyip.org/.

2. Your router's address is 192.168.1.1 . You use this address only to define gateway or DNS server in the setup of the network-connection on your PC.

3. Your internal IP will be of type 192.168.1.(2..254). This address can be assigned by the router with DHCP when this is so defined in your network-conection. But you should setup a fixed address in your PC, like 192.168.1.2

Then you have to forward in the router the port you use (81) to your in internal IP (192.168.1.2), so that the router knows to which internal ip (or computer on the lan) he has to forward requests on port 81.

Look at portforward.com for more. :)
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline brorkalle

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
1. Is OK I got my IP address.   It's xxx.xxx.141.251
2. Yes it is 192.168.1.1 where I go to config the router
3. Yes in the DHCP setup start IP address is 192.168.1.2 and end IP 192.168.254. But how do I set up a fixed IP address in my PC?

The static IP address setup is:
IP address: 192.168.1.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: xxx.xxx.140.1

Does the above settings correspond?

And what do I write in the Port Forwarding set up:
Source IP addres: ????         Source Netmask:????
Destination IP addres?????   Destination Netmask:???
Destination Port start:???      Destination Port End:???
Destination Port Map:???

Pease.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
3. the best way is to find the way to tell your router to always give you the same address (192.168.1.2).
(consider this is not necessary if you have just 1 computer connected)
the router may be able to do this reserving the address to the unique serial of your network card (also known as MAC address).

if you just don't find how to do this, there's another method. google will tell you ;)
http://www.google.com/search?hl=it&q=windows%20how%20to%20set%20ip%20address

when everything will be ok, the "self test" will say "ok"

source ip: 0.0.0.0
source netmask: 0.0.0.0
destination ip: 192.168.0.2
destination mask: 255.255.255.255
all the ports set to the port you choose (displayed on HFS)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 12:15:30 PM by rejetto »