rejetto forum

iframe problem

jerome · 8 · 5703

Offline jerome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hello,
graphic bug "the return" in this version.

still a iframe layer problem with Flock and mozilla.
http://82.239.5.248/html/rar.html

name="iFrame" width="100%" height="43000"

in the bottom of the page, a black zone over the files.
iexplorer8 and chrome are ok, mozilla and flock not

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
jerome

i can confirm your problem on ff, but it works even worse on opera: there is only a big white zone.
To me that seems to be more a template code - compatibility with browsers question rather than a problem of hfs.

You  should check your code with a validator: W3C validator for example returns 5 errors and 3 warnings for your site.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
graphic bug "the return" in this version.

you mean that, if you run your previous HFS version, the problem goes away?
could you please test and confirm?

Offline jerome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
graphic bug
is on all last versions (tested on 238 to 229) after my machine crashed i have stop the test.
i remember this case was momentary resolved in version 211, but the navigator version change and the trouble comes again.

actually, tested also with the default template and without javascript, i have always the same result.
iframe height="32800" is over,  32700 and a few more will be OK.
i have tested all situations(also root page frame off) and the result is still the same.

the frame vertical size is limited and show a black rectangle,
right click over this rectangle to see the zone source show the frame content generated HFS code.

<!--[if lte IE 5.5]>
<style type="text/css">
.menu ul li a, .menu ul li a:visited { width:151px; w\idth:139px; }
</style>
<![endif]-->  ??? strange generated size!

if someone have a no scroll frame solution, i will take it!

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
jerôme, this seems to be a problem of integer limitations on the browsers: limit on 32767 ? (2 ^15) =32768
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
@jerome
1. did you consider using frames instead of iframe? frames seem to fit your needs better than iframes.
2. what is your purpose in using iframes?
3. i may have already made this question. in case i'm sorry. what should make me think the problem is related to HFS ? to me, it seems to be related solely to the browser. To be honest, it's not surprising me that the browser behaves bad with such long iframe. Indeed, i would use frames in such case.
4. i accessed your hfs yesterday, and saw the problem. today i don't see it anymore.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:31:25 PM by rejetto »

Offline jerome

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thank you for the frame alert.
generally i was using iframe for flash objects hosted on another server, using javascript or text or xml files (some animated flash object need to host the data in the same location),and iframe for the accordeon menu
i will try to use others html editors (passing the WC3 validation if i found one)
or DHTML moving or sizable windows scripts,
and check the code on these navigators.

i have a lot of compatibility trouble using firefox and flock,
some old flash player don't work, javascript version or code is not compatible, i must update all the multimedia player and try to use rss playlist more than xml.
even the JW player single video wizard is not working in firefox.(i am not alone)

to resolve my trouble i simply used a scrolling="auto" 900px  iframe. it show 2 scrollbars at the right. not fun to use but working on all navigators.

one day it will work directly! the time to learn more and update the template.
i have to much files to make a working 43000px iframe on a 32767px limited navigator, it is my punition! everyday we learn!
sorry to make you lose your time on this stupid navigator limitation (one more).

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
did you consider folders?
i see 14 files beginning with "audio damage". i guess you may move them to an "audio damage" folder.