rejetto forum

Video Support in HFS using VLC ready

mysoogal · 94 · 100462

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well the bit-torrent support has been integrated right now, i had to change few things on your original template slasherx, i removed the vlc player simply because i do not know how to integrate a vlc bit-torrent version of the player  :-X but i will look into this deeper and try to understand more about it. so far your theme works with     

* FLV
    * MP4
    * MOV
    * M4V
    * F4V
    * 3GP

So this will still work even if you don't have the DNA client installed, if you have DNA client installed, it will use this when other users are on your website viewing your content.

i can say it should be working just fine, if you look from bithfs-2.PNG you will see at the status bar that its downloading from 127.0.0.1
and the data is also registered on the DNA client on the right side so it should work, just need more users to test this thing out.

the modified tpl has been Attached

sorry about the footer, i really don't like things on the footer, i feel it gives me a headache lol i will post credits to you inside the HTML  ;D

so, enjoy this bit-hfs theme  ;)

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
nicely done so far, but ya having mkv, avi support is a must for me. I will test this out.

I'm not worried about credits, im cool you can make what ever changes you need.

We gotta figure out a switch that plays video files in vlc and other files it should let users download.

Thanks

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yeah,  seems i also already miss vlc  :o i never liked flash anyway  8)

i will have to seek for more help from the irc #javascript channel   ;D

ill be reading more about this. there is a wmv example so i will have to figure it out somehow  :o

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
with the rollover you have to rewrite some things i believe in the tables css its a bit of work  :o

The roll-over was one way around in order to avoid scrolling down for ever 'til the end of the page.
This issue has been solved in the French Version with a selection box : "N# of Elements showed per page"

Quote from: slasherx
We gotta figure out a switch that plays video files in vlc and other files it should let users download.

Once viewed the file is stuck under *.temp which I guess U could easily trace and rename ... still this way is not user friendly  :)

TC
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:37:07 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
with the rollover you have to rewrite some things i believe in the tables css its a bit of work  :o

The roll-over was one way around in order to avoid scrolling down for ever 'til the end of the page.
This issue has been solved in the French Version with a selection box : "N# of Elements showed per page"

Quote from: slasherx

Once viewed the file is stuck under *.temp which I guess U could easily trace and rename ... still this way is not user friendly  :)

TC

can you post the template file.

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Made some changes to the template.

- Replaced Default Folder Icon
- Added File link - file type icon
- Increased File List Font Size.

pookie

for the life of me i cant get this to work... is there something that i have to do...no users/passwords?

this is really frustrating me...even the flash bittorrent dna client isnt working

gah!!!

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
for the life of me i cant get this to work... is there something that i have to do...no users/passwords?

this is really frustrating me...even the flash bittorrent dna client isnt working

gah!!!

gotta give details, what exactly isn't working

pookie

well the vlc behaves like it wants to play the file...ive installed 0.9.9 and have made sure that the plugin is 0.9.9

all the other java script works...doesnt want to work in ie or firefox

i do have a user name and password set but i dont see how that could affect things when the other js is working

i even tried the bittorrent flash player and it didnt work

usually im not so noobish about things like this its really pissing me off

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
well the vlc behaves like it wants to play the file...ive installed 0.9.9 and have made sure that the plugin is 0.9.9

i do have a user name and password set but i dont see how that could affect things when the other js is working

try setting folder with video to allow anonymous access. should play fine then.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

try setting folder with video to allow anonymous access. should play fine then.

that could be the issue, you need to set anonymous access to the folder or file. mostly the whole directory to anonymous access. then refresh or restart firefox. delete old cache , refresh and should be working fine.  ;D

its working fine for me, its strange vlc doesn't ask for password when you use the web UI, if you tried to play a protected file from https with user pass it will ask you, a box will appear, only if you are using the vlc player installed and not the web UI :O

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I would like to add the following, who ever can help with this would be great.

- Switch for media files to play in vlc others download or have a option that allows user to either stream or download.
- Possibly would like to set avi files to play with divx player and have mkv play with vlc.

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

- Switch for media files to play in vlc others download or have a option that allows user to either stream or download.
- Possibly would like to set avi files to play with divx player and have mkv play with vlc.

look into here

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7248.0

this new dude, mod hfs clean theme, i think this would be possible, you can have for example two url for each thing you want to do, stream this file , or download this file. so you would probably need to have two of [file] for each need i think.

i think this is rather not good vlc is good enough for me, adding divx is not a good idea, on linux i really dont use it since i have vlc plugin installed. and windows i never have divx installed  :-\

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

look into here

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7248.0

this new dude, mod hfs clean theme, i think this would be possible, you can have for example two url for each thing you want to do, stream this file , or download this file. so you would probably need to have two of [file] for each need i think.

i think this is rather not good vlc is good enough for me, adding divx is not a good idea, on linux i really dont use it since i have vlc plugin installed. and windows i never have divx installed  :-\

only reason i want to add divx is so users can fast forward stream.