what's new
+ "view http header" will now show even incomplete http headers
* by default descript.ion and *.md5 files cannot be uploaded
- {.substring.} could not include right delimiter [link]
- hanging on webdav requests
- {.load.} will not quote the loaded data if it's put in a variable
- {.save|var=XXX.} was saving wrong stuff if the variable didn't exist

Jeremy

I can no longer grab an entire folder via the archive on the left side.  I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Unallowed
There is no file you are allowed to download
HttpFileServer 2.3 beta
10/28/2009 1:11:35 PM

Thanks

Giordano

I cannot open shortcut to files (previously I was using the build 187 and this was done correctly).

I'd like to report a bug in this build.

When password in page for download managers is selected the delete option will not work anymore.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I can no longer grab an entire folder via the archive on the left side.  I get the following error:
Code: [Select]
Unallowed
There is no file you are allowed to download
HttpFileServer 2.3 beta
10/28/2009 1:11:35 PM

is this problem related to this exact version (#248), or does it happen also with previous versions? in case i would move it to its own topic.

This message is given when the archive would be empty.
If you have a password protected folder, that you entered with your browser, when you just pass the archive link to the download manager, it won't know the password, and will result in having no files that it can see.
you may solve providing the password to your download manager.

otherwise describe how your folders are protected, and what are you using to download.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 11:50:28 AM by rejetto »

Offline staffsmatt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Originally posted this in the wrong topic (delphie suggestions) - Sorry!

Hi all,

The way I had this working on previous version (create a real folder that people can upload to and mark this as "No Download" and then add the same folder again as a virtual folder with download permissions) doesn't seem to work for this version, files that are already in the folder when the virtual copy is added show up but new files uploaded are not shown.

Is there a way around this?

Many Thanks

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi staffsmatt
When you convert a real folder to virtual folder, the directory(content !) of the actual real folder is copied to the vfs.

In the case you explain, I don't undestand why you want to have the same folder twice, one with and the other without, download permission.

But if you need for any purpose two folders with the same content, you must add both as real folders: virtual folders cannot be sincronizised with real folders! To avoid problems, you have to give the folders different names if they are on the same level in the same tree the vfs directory.
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is there a way around this?

Many Thanks

don't rename twice folders with the same name

Offline staffsmatt

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for that, that sorted it. It's basically so we can have a folder where people (more that one) can upload files but can't download files that other people have uploaded (without having to set up user names and folders for each person).

Many Thanks

Offline xd48

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
it somehow can not refresh automatically when I add/change files in the target folder:
1. map the target folder to hfs by virtual folder mode;
2. the target folder can be represent correctly in browser;
3. add one file in the target folder;
4. refresh the corresponding page in browser;
5. the newly added file can not be listed in the page...even refresh

Boss, please help:)

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi xd48

1. What you name 'target folder' is a real folder on your disk, added as a real folder to hfs.

2. When you change in hfs a real folder to virtual folder, then the ACTUAL content (filenames) of the real folder is copied to the virtual file system.

After this:

a) If you add a file to the real folder on your disk, it will only be there, it isn't added to any virtual folder in the filesystem, so it isn't available through hfs!
b) If you add a file to your virtual folder in hfs, it must not be in your original real folder, it can be stored anywhere else.

This means, there exists no 'mapping'  of real folders to virtual folders as you seem to have understood. The 'change to virtual' option for real folders, its simply a tool that allows to create a virtual folder with the contents of the real folder in this moment, instead of creating a virtual folder and add then the files manually.
So what you experienced, is the correct way to work. If you want to add a file to the folder in hfs, you ave it to add to your virtual folder!
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline xd48

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
thanks a lot!

It was solved, i create folders with 'real folder' method, it works pretty nice, very cool tool.

HFS-Lover

hey bro just add a button which force to update the dns of no-ip or cjb , whenever person want ,

i hope u get it , currently hfs automatticly do that , we have no option to force it :-s

Thanks

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
problems of jerome, Kremlin, m3gab0y
has been moved to http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php/topic,7755.0.html
because not specific to this build

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hey bro just add a button which force to update the dns of no-ip or cjb , whenever person want ,
i hope u get it , currently hfs automatticly do that , we have no option to force it :-s

think that this is considered impolite towards their service, so i cannot put a too-easy way to do this.
but you can Menu > dynamic dns updater >  custom
press ENTER or click OK
and it's done