rejetto forum

.wav file playback?

Sentinel · 16 · 26657

Offline Sentinel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
just wondering if .wav files will be supported, i got a big wav sample collection and a preview option for these files would be great.

and in the mean time is there a way that i can make rawr player work for .wav files?

thx

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I think it is possible but i am unsure. You will need to lie to the preview box code to do it the easy way. Add '= file.wav' to the file.mp3 section header and see what happens. The player was never built for it though.

Offline Sentinel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i will have a go at it, i'll let you know how it works out...

hope the this will be a feature in the next build tho, i got about 10 GB of wave samples, thats a shit load of files and it could really help me out.

thx for the response guy of that is stevens ;)

Offline westwoon

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Haha, me now is using preview-box code and modify it to load the windows web media player to play for the WMV, WMA, and also WAV file. it work perfect with no error been awhile... ;D. If u r interested, please let me know. thank  ;)

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Nope, thanks.

We also have the WMV / WMA / WAV support ready, but we never released it cause it causes to much problems on pc's that dont have the right version of windows media player installed and dont use Internet Explorer. On my pc, it crashes constantly. On others, it works perfectly.

But we are not going to release unstable features that might crash a pc's browser.

Offline Sentinel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
intersted ... hmmm does it mean i have to use windows where ever i want to use the playback/preview feature?

and eagle, good to know you guys believe in only submitting stable working stuff ;)

would strill love to see rawr player play those files tho, i hate windows media player

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
intersted ... hmmm does it mean i have to use windows where ever i want to use the playback/preview feature?

Not as far as i know.. The previews are made with HTML + JavaScript, the RAWR-Player is a flash object. So as long as the operating system supports those 3 things, it should be able to function properly :)

(basically all the os'es out there)

Offline Sentinel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
so the crashing you mentioned earlier should not be due to the playback of these files, is there a chance i could get my hands on the thing you scripted so far?

cause that wav playback would be a really great help

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Its to do with the player not the playback. When we load the player it just crashes the browser. We have tested this thoroughly.

Offline Sentinel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hmm that sux, ill have to look for an other solution then

Offline bacter

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I suppose your wave samples are very huge (with good quality - bits and high samplerate). As you are looking for 'preview', why not convert them (analogous to thumbnails with images) to mp3(or better ogg, if supported) with 'low' quality (16bit, <=44,1khz)  for prehearing ?
your computer has no brain - use your own !

Offline fishingkid

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
We also have the WMV / WMA / WAV support ready

Could you Send me the code ?
i would like to test it out

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs

Offline 1988chg

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i  also want to find out how to support the  .wav files . 

:'(

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/hfs-~-http-file-server/information-(mime-types)-embed-pdfsvideo-and-audio/

See post above, edit your mime types and live will support it.... or vlc will kcik in

.wav mime type:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAV

(you will most likely have to add all of them ...)
audio/vnd.wave, audio/wav, audio/wave, audio/x-wav
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 02:50:04 PM by bmartino1 »
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing